In anticipation of the March 23 release of the all-new CGI action adventure TMNT, 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. and Warner Bros. Pictures have announced promotional and merchandising partners for the movie, based on the world-renowned Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.
● McDonald's -- Kids can collect one of eight TMNT premiums with the purchase of a Happy Meal. The promotion is supported by television, radio and digital advertising.
● Airheads -- For a limited time, a special lime green-flavored Airhead will be inserted into 12 million packs of the candy. Each package will also include a TMNT "tongue-tickling" tattoo. The promotion is supported by TV advertising.
● Time Warner Cable (TWC) will air TV spots across TWC stations promoting a TMNTsweepstakes for a chance to win a trip to Warner Bros. Studios and secondary prizes. TMNT clips and footage will also be available On Demand to TWC subscribers. Additionally, TWC will hold advanced screening programs in three markets, as well as mall events in Dallas and Los Angeles, all of which will include TMNT Ubisoft video games and Time Warner Cable prize giveaways.
● Cool Cuts 4 Kids -- The salon chain for kids will offer TMNT coloring books, card games and other fun items to customers, who will also have a chance to enter in a sweepstakes where the winning Cool Cuts family will be treated to a private screening of TMNT. They will also distribute advanced TMNT screening passes to customers in the Dallas market.
● Kmart -- Customers who make a $10 minimum purchase of TMNT movie toys from Playmates, including action figures and role play items, will receive an exclusive pack of four collectible TMNT Movie Trading Cards while supplies last.
● Hot Topic -- Home of a national TMNT sweepstakes where the Grand Prize is a VIP Fly-Away trip for two to Hollywood that includes a tour of Warner Bros. Studios and a TMNT movie screening.
● Wal-Mart -- 1,000 top Wal-Mart stores will give away movie posters while supplies last to every customer making a TMNT movie toy purchase.
● Toys "R" Us -- With a $20 minimum purchase of Playmates TMNT movie toys, including action figures and role play items, customers will receive a $5 TMNT movie-branded Toys "R" Us gift card while supplies last. A special TMNT movie feature shop will be erected in the Times Square store in New York City.
4Kids has also signed on 35 licensees to support TMNT, with products ranging from action playsets and vehicles (Playmates) to videogames (Ubisoft) to an exclusive line of retro and movie apparel at Hot Topic.
Source: 4Kids Entertainment, Inc.