Friday, October 19, 2007

NYC in TMNT

There is a interesting article from Ironic Sans to review and analysis look of New York City in animation, here is the one talking about TMNT's NYC...
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The TMNT have once again been adapted for the big screen. According to the movie’s opening narration and also the official movie summary, the movie takes place in New York City. But while it sure looks like it takes place in New York, something’s missing. See if you can figure out what it is.

Here’s a shot of the city from the movie:

TMNT

Okay, it looks pretty good. I don’t really recognize any of the buildings in this view, but they got the general feel right, down to the water towers on the rooftops. Here’s another shot:

TMNT

That’s a pretty good rendering of a New York City streetcorner. Okay.

TMNT

Another lovely skyline shot. I still don’t recognize any buildings, but I suppose that could be the Brooklyn Bridge in the image. Kinda hard to tell.

TMNT

But wait. What the hell is this building? I guess I’m fine with fictional buildings in a fiction movie, but if it’s supposed to be New York City, shouldn’t we see some of the real buildings, too? [Read full article from Ironic San]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What do you think? Do you agree with those comment? : )

5 comments:

Splinter's Iroonna said...

I think it's silly, myself. I've been to NYC-- lived outside of it way back in the 70s and I'm sure that if I were to go back today, it would look nothing like it did way back then.

I think the look of the city was very FITTING for the movie.

no name said...

he is right, but i think most ppl don't care these things, general fee l is more important

felix ip said...

whatever they said, I don't think audience really care about that like real NYC or not at all...
when i look at the screenshots from TMNT again, i still think they looks cool and beautiful. I like it.

Anonymous said...

On the other side, if there have some
actual NYC building inside, it would be fun~
Anyway, cheer!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's it ... the general feeling. I had good time when i saw the movie and i didn't care if it's really NYC !!

A movie had to be catchy, well looked , good history ... not a geographic documentary. Movie is often dream/escape ;)

For example, in the last Pixar (Ratatouille in France) or in The Da Vinci Code Book, there's some mistakes and false things but you have to abstract that ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...